Quebec City – February 2, 2015 – UFCW Canada Local 503 members at the Casino Charlevoix, located in La Malbaie, have achieved a new collective bargaining agreement. The new contract runs until 2019, and is retroactive to August 2012.
The members work as security staff and croupiers. Some of the gains in working conditions and benefits in the new agreement include:
• An option to take advantage of the health management account in order to reduce their insurance premiums;
• Increased status flexibility concerning working hours in order to adapt to the current situation adequately;
• A better granting process in the case of certain holidays or days off;
• 2% pay increases per year; retroactive to April 1, 2013;
• A 2% increase in the evening shift premium, the night shift premium and the weekend premium; and
• An enhancement in the matter of paternity leave, in that of medical arbitration and in that of calculations for statutory holidays.
‘‘I would like to commend the excellent work done by the bargaining committee, and union representative Hugues Deschênes. You all made sure that Local 503 members would see their interests and needs respected throughout the bargaining process,” said UFCW Canada Local 503 President Louise Lefebvre.