Quebec City – May 14, 2015 – UFCW Canada Local 503 members working at Wolseley Canada's plumbing division in Quebec City, Quebec have ratified a new two-year collective agreement.
As part of the new contract, the Wolseley Canada members will see numerous improvements to their working conditions, including:
• Revised work hours that include breaks and meals for employees who work in the showroom on Saturdays;
• An increased premium for the second evening team, rising from $0.65 to $0.75 per hour, and for the team leader, rising from $1.25 to $1.40 per hour;
• A two percent wage increase at the top of the wage scale for every year of the agreement, retroactive to June 1, 2014, for all eligible employees;
• A 1.75 percent wage increase for workers who are paid above the wage scale, plus a lump sum of $125 for the same time period;
• Introduction of a reduced work week for employees on early retirement;
• Creation of a new labour relations committee.
"The Wolseley Canada members have achieved a very good contract, maintaining their previous gains and improving their working conditions as well," says Louise Lefebvre, President of UFCW Canada Local 503. "Congratulations to all of the members who played a role in negotiating and ratifying this new collective agreement," says Sister Lefebvre.