Whitby, Ont. – October 20, 2018 – UFCW Canada 175 members at the J.H. McNairn facility in Whitby have secured a number of gains in a new collective agreement. J.H. McNairn manufactures and distributes food packaging products for the food service, supermarket, bakery and food processing sectors.
The 95 full-time members at the Whitby facility will see increases of 60 cents per hour in each of the first three years of a four-year contract. In the fourth year, rates increase by 70 cents per hour.
Some of the other gains include:
• A training premium of 50 cents per hour for all hours so worked;
• The employer’s rate of matching RRSP contributions for employees increases to 4.24% in year one, 4.5% in year two, and 5% in years three and four;
• An improved allowance of $250 per year for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Shoe allowance increases to $200 as well. Mechanics will each receive 10 arc flash t-shirts;
• Two paid Personal Emergency Leave (PEL) days as well as two paid personal days per year; and
• Improvements to the members’ health and welfare benefits, including increased coverage for eyewear, orthotics, paramedical services, and employer-paid life insurance; as well as a number of other improvements to contract language and other benefits.
For complete details, you can check out the full story here. To find out more about UFCW 175’s outstanding work, check out www.ufcw175.com.