Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Que. – July 18, 2019 – UFCW Local 1991P members working at Trans Herbe have achieved a new union contract that provides wage gains, increased premiums, and more.
Under their new, seven-year collective agreement, the Trans Herbe members will enjoy the following gains:
- Wages will increase by 80 cents an hour in 2019, 1.75 percent in 2020 and 2021, and 1.5 percent in all other years of the agreement;
- Premiums for double operation and mechanical bonuses will rise 50 cents per hour;
- Team leaders will get an extra $1 per hour;
- Evening and night premiums will gradually increase to $1.05 per hour during the term of the agreement;
- The premium for safety shoes will rise to $125 during the term of the agreement;
- Workers will get a fifth week of vacation after 17 years of service and a sixth week after 25 years; and
- The number of sick leave hours will increase.
”We are very pleased with this collective agreement,” says Mario Maisonneuve, President of UFCW Local 1991P. “We are also happy that the bargaining process went so harmoniously and respectfully, which meant both sides came out with a winning contract,” he adds.
UFCW Local 1991P represents over 4,500 members working at 52 companies in a wide range of industries across Quebec. To learn more about UFCW 1991P, visit the Local Union’s website.