Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Que. – July 22, 2019 – UFCW Local 501 members working at Diageo have achieved a new union contract that provides better scheduling, pension improvements, and more.
Under their new 4-year collective agreement, the 220 beverage members will enjoy the following gains:
- Wage increases of 2 percent for 2019 and 2020, 2.5 percent for 2021 and 2022, and an additional pay hike of $1.12 an hour;
- The probation period will be reduced to 600 hours;
- A new travel entitlement;
- Work schedules will be distributed five days in advance;
- Members will enjoy an additional paid leave day;
- Long-term insurance will be available for new hires after 3,120 hours of work; and
- $2.00 will be added to the basic pension plan, bringing the minimum pension up to $2,374.20 per month.
“We are very pleased with the outcome of these negotiations, as they led to a fair and reasonable settlement that reflects a healthy work atmosphere where everyone has a say,” says Alain Lachaîne, President of UFCW Local 501. “This labour contract will consolidate quality jobs and maintain excellent working conditions in the region. Congratulations to the negotiating team on a job well done,” he adds.
UFCW Local 501 represents over 18,000 members working at more than 410 companies across Quebec and northern New Brunswick. To learn more about UFCW 501, visit the Local Union’s website.