Toronto – April 4, 2020 – Thinking back a few weeks ago, before the COVID-19 outbreak became a global pandemic, many of us had a long list of things that we needed to get done. These things had priority at the time because we were busy contributing to our work and family. You might have even said to yourself, “I don’t have time to invest in myself.”
But now that we are trying to flatten the curve of the pandemic with physical distancing, as we patiently wait to get back to our regular lives, some of us are finding more time in our days and nights to explore things that we previously didn’t have or make time for.
If you are looking to learn more about topics that interest you in a stress-free way, UFCW Canada’s webCampus program has plenty to discover and there are no strings attached or tuition fees to pay. Here are some examples of courses and topics that we currently offer:
- Make your money go as far as possible with our Money Skills, Retirement Planning, and Financial Basics for Non-financial People courses;
- Stay safe online by taking our Media Literacy and Internet Safety courses;
- Learn ways to reduce stressful situations in Communicating in Tough Moments and Stress Awareness Parts 1 & 2;
- Learn new work skills with the Project Management, Cannabis Dispensary Specialist, and Cosmetic Technician courses; and
- Understand how life can get to all of us in Mental Health Matters.
All webCampus courses are completely free of charge to UFCW Canada members, family members, and our community partners and allies, and you are in full control of how much you want to discover through the program.
Many participants simply explore courses to figure out whether they have enough interest to pursue the topics further, while others see the goal of a diploma, certificate, or even obtaining a bachelor’s degree through our partnerships with universities.
To learn more about UFCW Canada’s ground-breaking webCampus program, or to start enrolling in courses today, visit the webCampus website.