Rimouski, Que. – October 13, 2020 – Following a vote held at a general meeting on September 18, UFCW 501 members at Produits métalliques PMI in Rimouski have adopted the collective agreement reached by their negotiating committee. The new agreement for the 30 union members at this plant – specializing in the design, fabrication, and installation of steel structures – will cover the period from September 2020 to May 2025.
Earnings include salary increases of 3% for the first year, 2% for the second year, and 1.5% for the remaining years; plus 2% following the annual review. Other improvements have been made to the employment contract, including:
- A weekly attendance bonus of $40 per week (including mobilization criteria to be met), paid or that may be deposited in the Fonds de solidarité FTQ;
- The addition of a mobile leave/sick leave after one year of service that can be redeemed at the end of the year;
- The addition of a statutory holiday on January 2;
- Decreasing the number of years before reaching the 3rd and 4th week of vacation and adding a 5th week after 15 years of seniority;
- The addition of a trainer's bonus of $0.75;
- The evening and night premium increases from $1.00 to $1.25 per hour worked and the supervisor replacement premium increases from $1.00 to $1.20.
The employees of Produits métalliques PMI are not at their first agreement with UFCW. Negotiation after negotiation, they continue to improve their conditions while maintaining those acquired in the past. "We are proud of the trust they have placed in us over the years to represent them as a union," says Daniel Nadeau, UFCW 501 Eastern Quebec Director.
With approximately 19,000 members in more than 410 businesses, UFCW Local 501 is part of the largest francophone food and trade union in all of Quebec and represents members in northern New Brunswick. For more information on UFCW Local 501, visit http://www.tuac501.org/.