Montreal – November 16, 2013 – Workers at the Exceldor poultry processing facility in Saint-Anselme have ratified a first collective agreement as members of UFCW Canada Local 1991P. The agreement covers a bargaining unit of about 600 members, and runs until July 2020.
The new collective agreement negotiated by Local 1991P brings a number of improvements to the former contract with the Syndicat démocratique des salariés de la Coop de Dorchester, including:
- Wage improvements: 12% in the first year, 1.5% in the second year, 1.5% in the third year, 1.55% in the fourth year, 1.5% in the fifth year, 1.5% in the sixth year and 2% in the seventh year;
- Increase in paid sick leave, from one to six days depending on seniority;
- An employer’s contribution of $0.18 per hour worked to the UFCW Canada dental plan;
- A sixth week of vacation leave after working at the company for 27 years;
- A four-day week starting at age 55, and a three-day week beginning at age 60;
- Elimination of the employer’s maximum contribution limit for the purpose of group insurance in order to reach a 50% share.
‘‘The new collective agreement will provide members at Exceldor in Saint-Anselme enhanced job security while also providing improved working conditions in the Chaudières-Appalaches region," says UFCW Canada Local 1991P negotiator Léo Miclette.