Toronto – November 18, 2013 – UFCW Canada’s groundbreaking online education program webCampus will launch two new courses on November 25. The new courses, PowerPoint 2010 and Fire & Explosion, a Health and Safety course, will be offered from November 25 to December 20, available to all members and their families as well as our community partners, free of charge. Registration for the courses opens on November 18.
The PowerPoint 2010 course, available in English only, will cover the following topics:
- Starting PowerPoint 2010
- Presentation Basics
- Adding Themes To Your Presentation
- Navigating Through Your Presentation
- Inserting And Editing Text
- Viewing A Presentation
- Working With Images And Shapes
- Adding And Working With Tables
- Adding Charts
- Applying Transitions
- Presenting Your PowerPoint Slideshow
With PowerPoint, users create a presentation with a series of slides. It is easy to import documents from other types of software such as Microsoft Word and import it into PowerPoint. Presentations are created in a series of PowerPoint slides, using available templates or starting from a blank page. Users can import audio, video, graphics and text into PowerPoint to make interesting and dynamic presentations.
PowerPoint 2010 introduces new tools that you can use to effectively create, manage, and collaborate with others on your presentations.
The Fire & Explosion, a Health and Safety course, available in French only, will cover the following topics:
- fire hazards and effects;
- explosion hazards and effects;
- assessment of fire and explosion hazards;
- controlling fire hazards;
- controlling explosion hazards; and workplace strategies — developing and implementing an action plan.
This program introduces the conditions required for fire, and pressure and chemical explosion. The course also covers the necessary steps to follow when responding to a fire or explosion.
For more information on this course and many others, please visit webCampus.