Montreal – July 23, 2015 – UFCW Canada Local 501 members working at Transport Logi-Pro in the Anjou borough of Montreal, Quebec have ratified a new six-year collective agreement.
The Transport Logi-Pro members specialize in the transportation and distribution of refrigerated goods across the province of Quebec.
As part of the new contract, members will receive the following improvements to their working conditions:
- Guaranteed work hours and the current pay schedule are maintained;
- The allocation of overtime has been improved;
- Vacation leave for the Christmas holidays will increase;
- Wages will increase by $0.70 to $0.80 per hour for the first year of the contract and by 2.8% for the remainder of the agreement; and
- Union stewards will be provided with office space at work.
"With every set of negotiations, the Transport Logi-Pro members keep improving their working conditions while retaining major gains from past agreements," says UFCW Canada Local 501 President Alain Lachaîne. "For over 25 years, these members have trusted Local 501 to provide them with effective representation in the workplace, and I would like to congratulate everyone involved in these negotiations on another successful round of bargaining," Brother Lachaîne adds.