Montreal – August 8, 2015 – UFCW Canada Local 500 members working at the IGA-Marché CDL Tellier in Montreal have overwhelmingly ratified a new collective agreement. The seven-year contract provides a number of gains to members, including the following improvements:
• A 2 percent increase in wages for each year of the contract;
• The posting of all vacant or available positions for members;
• The creation of four new regular positions;
• A $0.65 per hour premium for workers in the dairy department; and
• The employer's contribution to the members' dental plan is maintained at $0.18 per hour worked and will gradually rise to $0.19 per hour worked to ensure that the employer's reimbursement of members' dental care fees remains at 80 percent of the total cost of care.
"I want to congratulate all members of the bargaining committee on their hard work during negotiations," says UFCW Canada Local 500 President Antonio Filato. "This contract is a great example of what can be accomplished when we work together," Brother Filato adds.