Winnipeg – February 21, 2020 – UFCW Local 832 members working at Life’s Journey have achieved exciting new contracts that provide better benefits, a shorter work week, and higher premiums. The new collective agreements cover office, frontline, and outreach staff at Life’s Journey and were bargained and ratified at the same time.
Highlights of the new collective agreements include:
- Allowing unused sick time to be used as personal days;
- Increasing the employer’s registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) match;
- Introducing a compressed work week in the summer (giving members Mondays off);
- Converting a 40-hour work week to a 37.5-hour work week, while maintaining the original salary;
- Allowing staff to eat in-house with clients (costs covered by the employer);
- Part-time employees now have the same vacation entitlement as full-time employees;
- Gym membership for all full-time employees;
- Increasing vision coverage; and
- Increasing the long service premiums
“These are great deals for the members, who are extremely happy with their new collective agreements,” says UFCW 832 Negotiator Phil Kraychuk. “Congratulations to all Life’s Journey members, but especially to the negotiating committee, who worked so hard to make these deals come true,” he adds.
Life’s Journey is an agency that provides disability services in multiple rural and urban communities throughout the province of Manitoba. They offer residential, outreach, and fostering programs with adjunct services, including cultural supports, clinical resources, and addictions and wellness programming opportunities. To read more about the new union contracts at Life’s Journey, click here.
UFCW Canada Local 832 is Manitoba’s largest private sector union, representing over 18,000 members in a wide variety of industries, including the retail food, health care, food processing, security, industrial, textile, and transportations sectors. To learn more about the outstanding work of UFCW 832, visit the Local Union's website.
How can I enjoy the benefits of a UFCW contract?
Are you a non-unionized worker who would like to enjoy the benefits of a UFCW Canada collective agreement? Do you and your co-workers want to gain the union advantage at work? Join Canada’s best union, UFCW Canada, and make your workplace better today. Click here to join now.