Toronto – February 19, 2013 – North America’s leading labour education program – webCampus – is pleased to announce that it will be launching a new course in March called “Design your own Website & Blog”, which will run from March 4 – 28, 2013 (the new course in currently available in English only).
Design your own Website & Blog – Course Description:
Today most people are connected via email, or through blogs and social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. In today’s technologically overloaded society, a website or blog is like what a business card was in the eighties. Many people would be unsure about the idea of having a website or blog of their own. The reasons for not having one could range from “Why have one?” to a lack of technical knowledge, or embarrassment (or fright) of having a website that might let the whole world know about them.
But contrary to what most people think, having a personal website or blog has several advantages and immense benefits to almost everyone today:
- A website or blog can be your virtual portrait.
- A website or blog can be your global “connection” where you are able to share your knowledge, experience and enthusiasm with people who have common interests, but with whom you might not otherwise have crossed paths.
- Lets you be in touch with people at a distance.
- A website or blog empowers people with limited access, due to handicap or illness, to broaden their communication with others.
- Makes you a member of the biggest community in the world, internet users.
- To provide participants with knowledge about how websites and blogs work (an introduction to HTML).
- To provide participants with an interactive activity using free website builders to build a website and/or blog.
Registration is now open. To register for the new March course, and to find out more about webCampus, please visit the best union education program offering free courses to members and their families, or call webCampus toll-free at 1-866-865-0202.
webCampus is UFCW Canada’s groundbreaking, state-of-the-art, interactive online training and education resource that provides UFCW Canada members and their families access to free online courses.
Offered 24 hours a day, webCampus includes more than 100 free online courses from basic computer skills, to job specific skills, to union history, to Microsoft Excel and dozens more.
Working in partnership with Mohawk College, webCampus also offers UFCW Canada members and their families the opportunity to earn college credits in a number of post-secondary certificate programs, including accredited college certificates in Labour Studies and Labour Studies in Occupational Health and Safety.