Beverage members at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling build a better life – UFCW 1288P
EEdmundston, Moncton, Fredericton, Saint John, and Bathurst, N.B. – November 25, 2021 – Dozens of UFCW Local 1288P members working at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling locations across New Brunswick have ratified a new six-year union contract that provides wage gains, improved benefits and vacation scheduling, and more.
Highlights of the new collective agreement at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling include:
- A $200 increase to the Worksafe and Weekly Indemnity Benefit
- An increase to the Safety Footwear Reimbursement to $225 plus HST annually, up from $210
- Improvements to vacation scheduling
- Multi-year wage increases in the latter half of the agreement, and $500 lump sum payments in Years 1 and 2 of the contract
- A new Letter of Agreement that allows drivers to sign up one week prior to the commencement of each quarter, to advise the company of their intentions to commit to work in the warehouse, on their scheduled days that they may not be receiving a full compliment of hours in their posted driver position
- A new Letter of Agreement that enables employees to work through an unpaid lunch and end their shift early
- And many other gains
The bargaining committee consisted of UFCW Canada National Representative Carl Flanagan, Chief Steward Todd Estabrooks, Chief Steward Nick Ward, and Member Marc Leger. Members Dan McNeill and Dave Robertson also served on the committee.
UFCW 1288P is a longstanding member of the UFCW Canada Eastern Provinces Council, which proudly serves thousands of union members working in various sectors across Atlantic Canada. To learn about the UFCW EPC and its outstanding work, visit the council’s website.