Kelowna, B.C. – November 10, 2013 – UFCW Canada Local 1518 members employed at Fernbrae Manor in Kelowna have voted overwhelmingly in favour of accepting terms for a new three-year contract with the employer.
The Union Negotiating Committee had recommended acceptance of the new agreement, and highlights of the new agreement include:
- across the board wage increases of 2% in each year of the agreement;
- retroactive wage increases;
- improved job security protections in the event the employer reduces hours of work;
- date of hire seniority for casual employees (previously based on hours worked);
- additional Family Day stat holiday;
- single day vacation option;
- “troubleshooter” language to more efficiently resolve issues
Approximately 40 UFCW 1518 members are employed at Fernbrae Manor, an independent and assisted living facility in Kelowna.
To find out more about Local 1518 and their excellent work, visit B.C.’s largest private sector union.